6.30.2010

Alaska: June 23

My second day of work on the farm. Today, I overslept a bit. The light is doing weird things to me. I go to bed late and sleep in. Ah well. I weeded the strawberry patches today. It was a bit tedious but still enjoyable. I only wish I could be here to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor. Willie said they could mail a can of preserves, though. I may have to take them up on that offer.
For dinner tonight, we had homemade sushi, red salmon, and bacon-wrapped scallops. And carrots. Could you get more Alaskan?! Also, with how healthy I’m eating and all the activity, I think I’ve lost 5 pounds already.
Went for a walk to Yule’s Point above the farm. It overlooks the bay and offers quite the sights. I walked home by myself and found myself worrying about bears again. I’m not afraid, but it definitely feels weird to know it is VERY possible to meet one.


Weeding the strawberry patches.

Fresh caught red salmon.

Homemade sushi.

The view of Kachemak Bay from Yule's Point.


Flowers on Yule's Point.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I. am. so. jealous. :)