6.26.2010

Alaska: June 19

Am I tough enough for Alaska?


* That’s all I wrote that day. I think it was prompted mostly by being tired. The day was good. My friend and I slept in and had an easy going morning. I made pancakes. Then we went downtown Anchorage and enjoyed some summer solstice festivities. We watched people fish in the Slammin’ Salmon fishing derby. We ate reindeer hot dogs and watched a boring show about bears at the visitor’s center. That night, we ate at a burger joint Josh likes. After dinner, we went for a walk. It was a lovely walk, but my shoes got soaked, which frustrated me because my old Tevas would have been fine. (I sent my Teva shoes to the factory to be repaired, and someone at the factory lost them. I had to buy new shoes days before coming to Alaska. They weren't really broken in and they only kind of fit because I couldn't find anything small enough in Kalispell.) I think that is what prompted my journal entry. I was so upset about my wet shoes I wondered if I could really handle Alaska. It was all silly, really, but that’s what I was feeling.

No comments: