3.11.2010

Lent: Day Twenty

Half way. Twenty days into the forty day period of Lent. Has it changed me? Am I more aware of God's sacrifice of his son to bring his creation back into relationship with him? Am I more appreciative?

I hope so. And I think so.

It had long been my desire to get back into journaling, and I saw this year's season of Lent as my catalyst to do just that. It's been really nice. I love the written word! It is the way I communicate best, and the way I process life. It brings me satisfaction.

But Lent isn't really about me, is it?

So, has my desire to journal brought me into closer relationship with God? Has it shifted my focus away from myself and into the lives of those around me?

Again, I hope so, and I think so. And I pray that my writing -- be it in a personal journal, or a daily newspaper, or a novel -- would always, always, always glorify the ONE who placed these words inside of me.

No comments: