3.19.2010

Lent: Day Twenty-Seven

I've had kind of a frustrating day. I mean, not terrible, but enough "stuff" to make me feel anxious and angry. Things taking waaaay longer than anticipated. Technology not working. Computer freezing up -- repeatedly. People not getting  back to me when they said they would. My car barely able to get up the hill as I wonder how much longer it will hold out. 

Yada, yada, yada. I don't mean to whine. I really don't. What I want to do is cry. And perhaps that is what I need to do. You see, I tend to set high standards for myself. And then I forget that I'm operating in a world where "stuff" happens and let my sense of failure bring me waaaaay down. But then, even when I'm down, I won't let myself cry. Cause...I have no idea why.

It's dumb. It really is. What am I trying to prove? That I'm tough as nails?

Well, earth to me, that's not true. I get frustrated. And disappointed. And sad. And, by golly, I'm a girl, so sometimes I feel all these things with little reason.

The point is: I need to feel them. Then let them go. That's what my mom always said. Feel it and let it go. No sense in getting all worked up about it. Let it go...then get over it! I love my momma!

So tonight, I'm going to do just that. I'm going to enjoy one of those snot-dripping, head-back, wet-neck, wet-shirt, taste-the-salt-on-my-lips, get-lost-in-the-music-until-this-day-disappears cries.

Afterward, I will accept my prize for longest list of adjectives that describe "cry." I will wash my face and eat cereal and dance around my kitchen. And I will ask God to help me understand my feminine soul and how it reflects His image and how I can use it for His glory.

Now, I just need my Kleenex...

2 comments:

Jer said...

"taste-the-salt-on-my-lips" yup, that's great! - my favorite part of your description.

Hannah said...

Thanks, Jer! It was a good cry. I feel much better this morning. Good to go.