3.22.2010

Lent: Day Twenty-Nine

I had an idea for this blog post...but I've completely forgotten it. All I can say right now is that I sometimes wish my reactions to big news were better. I need to work on the squealing, jumping bursts of giddy excitement for which my gender is so stereotyped. So instead of, "Wow. That's...huge. Cool. Ah, wow. Sheesh. What?...How?...Wow. I'm excited. Really. Ah, wow," somebody would get this:

Shriek. Squeal. Giggle.

"No way! That's amazing! I am so, so, so, so happy for you!"

Squeal. Jump, jump, jump. Squeal. Hahahahahahahahaha.

"OMG! Serious?"

String of intelligent questions peppered with encouragement. 

Squeal. Jump. Giggle.

I am such a stoic German sometimes.

Anyway, for any and all who have received a less-than-par display of excitement from me (you know who you are), just know I was jumping inside. Also know I probably hung up the phone and started crying, with joy or sadness or both, depending on the circumstance.

I am truly excited. And I am truly German. Just picture that scene in the movie "I.Q." where Albert Einstein rides on the back of a motorcycle and says, "Wahoo!" That's me.

No comments: