3.31.2010

Lent: Day Thirty-Six

What a full, busy day! In fact, it's been so full it has spilled over into tomorrow.

The highlight of my day was baking brownies. Yep, that simple. Amidst working an 8-hour day, grocery shopping, going to the bank, putting gas in my car, making a gift for a friend, talking on the phone with another friend, taking out the trash, and making dinner, I made brownies.

I love the process of baking. I love taking all these individual ingredients and mixing them together and coming out with something wonderfully edible. I love to eat, to enjoy the food God has given me. And today there was extra pleasure in it, perhaps because it gave me a moment to focus on the here and now instead of the, "Holy cow! What am I doing with my life?" future.

I also love that individual ingredients can come together and work together. What a picture of friendship, marriage, employment, parenting, and the church. What a picture of our very lives! All these pieces get mixed together and produce something worthwhile. I am glad for that!

No comments: