7.29.2010

Montana: July 29

First of all: Happy Birthday to my good, good friend, Joanna! I hope this decade brings you millions of moments of joy and contentment. I love you, friend.

And second of all: It's been a while since I checked in. There are a few reasons.

One. Moving.
Two. Unpacking and setting up my new apartment.
Three. Finding a job.
Four. No internet.
Five. New job starts at 6 in the a.m.
Six. Lots of long naps during normal coffee shop hours. (See Five.)
Seven. After the adventure of writing about my Alaskan adventures every day, it's hard to see the story in everyday life.

But I need to see it. I want to see it. I want to know every day that God gave me these moments to breathe, these people to interact with, these foods to enjoy, these early hours of working, and these tedious hours at the local laundrymat.

And I need to remember this is what I longed for: Home. A place to stay a while. A normal life.

May I enjoy it thoroughly until I pick my feet up again. And may I fully experience the story, the adventure, of simply being alive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww....Thanks! I love you too!

Congrats on the new job and apartment. It's way fun setting stuff up. :-)

I hope and pray that you see your story in everyday life. You are an amazing and strong woman and you are not afraid of jumping in with both feet.