7.13.2010

Alaska: July 8

We celebrated Josh’s birthday today with a stop at Tommy’s Burger Stop. Seriously, it was one of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten, and I’m pretty picky. For once, the toppings didn’t feel like crunchy, misfit extras. They melted perfectly into the burger, creating this mind-blowing meld of meat, tomato, lettuce, mustard, bun. I wish I had taken a photo, but I was too busy enjoying it.

After Josh’s team won their softball game, I gave Josh the homemade gift I’d been working on for two days. It was perhaps the dorkiest and ugliest gift ever exchanged between mankind, but I sure had fun playing with boxes and duct tape and tin foil and markers to make it. I wish him all the best in this year and many, many, many more to come. I am blessed to have such a good friend.


The sign I hung a day before his birthday to prepare him for the extreme oddness of his gift.

Yep. It's an iPhone made out of cardboard, aluminum foil, duct tape, and markers.  

The finished product in all its dorky glory.

No comments: