10.20.2008

Nothing new under the sun

Oct. 17, 2008

As I ride the ‘T’ in Boston this morning, I realize that as different as the areas of this country are, we have many things in common.
People are sleepy in the morning.
We all desire relationship.
Breaking up hurts. Bad.
I watched a new friend here break up last night. I sat with her and her friends as she ate ice cream, joked about finding the nearest bridge, cried and questioned why. I watched as she resolutely acknowledged she would have to move on.
It reminded me so much of one of my own break-ups: a close, magical, darn-near-perfect romance that ended for no apparent reason. Sometimes things just happen. I don’t know if they are orchestrated by God. And I’m not sure it matters.
I guess there is nothing new under the sun.

No comments: