7.31.2011

49 by 29: June 29 - Driving the panhandle



Coffee:
Camp coffee: i.e. instant Folger's made with water boiled on Jeremy's camp stove.

From the journal:
We are driving along the Gulf of Mexico as I write this. Windows down. Love it!

Last night, we blew past our original destination by 80 miles before realizing it. Ha! So we kept going until Ochlockonee River State Park, where we were able to camp for $4 per night. Sure beats $30 at an RV park!

Set up camp in the dark and ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner at 9:30 p.m.

I didn't sleep real well, but I am doing alright. Travel works like caffeine on me. I am on a road trip with a good friend. It doesn't get much better.

Home sweet home.

A drive through a Florida forest near our campsite.

Boardwalk to my first chance to dip my toes into the Gulf.

Because 18 mph is just too fast.

Looked like a cool place...perhaps a tad unsteady, though.

No comments: