3.01.2011

29 Birthday Wahoos!

My best friend recently celebrated her 29th birthday. And I decided, since 29 is such a great age, that I should help. So, we met for the weekend and went just a little bit crazy.

You see, year 28 for her was not so great (her words). We both hope year 29 is fine (also her words). Frankly, I hope year 29 is way more than fine. I hope it brings healing in her unfathomable heart break. I hope it finds her kids happy and healthy. I hope God surrounds her every second of every day and night with His unfathomable love.

And I hope she has fun. I dubbed our weekend "29 Birthday Wahoos!" to ring in this new year with a healthy dose of silliness, giggling and smiles. I'll share a few photos below just cause they're so fun. If you think of it, and if you're the praying type, please say a prayer for Lindsey. Enjoy!

 We wore birthday tiaras to her birthday dinner. Mine says "Me Too" cause I already crossed that bridge.
 I stuck 29 balloons on her bed, and then we stuck them on the ceiling. My hair didn't appreciate that endeavor.
 Wahoo!
 We tried on pretty dresses...
 And tried out the Groucho Marx/Prom Queen combo.
 Hallo.
 Silly hats!
 Vintage store jacket coolness.

 We grew a safari in the bathtub at the hotel.

 M&M toss. Wahoo!
 It ain't a weekend of wahoos without some silly string.
 We jumped on the bed, too.
 Hee-yah!
 Paco Rabanne stopped by, so we gave him a kiss.
 The hotel had a glass elevator, so we rode it up and down.
 We rode bikes in Wal-Mart. Now that is something I've always wanted to do!
 I even got yelled at for riding a bike in Wal-Mart. Even better!
 We played the piano in the hotel lobby.
 And we ate tons of good food, like blackberry French toast at Cracker Barrel.
 Bubble tennis. In the car...it was cold outside.
 Chinese fire drill. Always a classic.

No comments: