3.12.2011

Lent: Day Four


When you give to Living Water International, you do more than give clean water to impoverished people. You open up opportunities for people like us to go and do the hard, dirty, wonderful work of drilling a well. We each saved our pennies to pay our own expenses, but without people praying and giving to fund these wells, there would be no need for teams to go. 

I know the trip changed my life. I had seen extreme poverty on previous travels, but I truly appreciated the chance to do something so tangible to alleviate some of the suffering. And I was equally--if not even more--blessed by the kindness and hospitality of the people we went to serve. I will never forget the food they gave, the hugs they gave, the trust they gave. I think of them often and pray God will make Himself known in those villages.

I fast for rag-tag teams like mine. We came from Colorado, Wyoming, and Texas, from different  churches and backgrounds, but we united for a great cause. We spent ourselves on behalf of the poor (Isaiah 58) and would never, ever want a penny of it back.

Check out the Living Water International website if YOU want the chance to go!

No comments: