11.21.2008

Noveling: The Next Frontier






Nov. 17, 2008
Welcome to The Igloo! It may not look like much -- just a table, a red telephone, a laptop and some fingerless gloves to the untrained eye. But let me tell you, it's a place of magic.
Here, for the next 30 days, scenes will be built, obstacles will be overcome and characters will come to life and run amok on that computer screen. The little green notebook will be full of scribbled notes. The headphones will play inspirational music. And the fingerless gloves will keep my hands warm as I embark on my next adventure: writing a 50,000-word novel in 30 days in my folks' rather chilly basement.
It's crazy, I know. Especially for a journalist like me who has no idea how to write that many words of fiction. But that book on the table, "No Plot? No Problem" by Chris Baty, says it can be done. I choose to believe it and invite you to come along.
Stay tuned for updates on the noveling life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah!
Nice Blog, It looks like you have had an awesome journey. I hope your dad showed you the photo of you and Andy at old trail town we emailed. You must have been about 3 years old.
I know you will have the novel finished soon, just relax!
Larry Baker