11.01.2008

From sea to shining sea












Pictured above: Various shots of Cannon Beach, Oregon. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Oct. 30, 2008

Twenty years. That’s how long I’ve dreamed of seeing the rocky Oregon coast. That’s how long I’ve dreamed of this moment. And now, it’s here. I have looked upon the Atlantic in Maine and now look upon the Pacific in Oregon.
I thought 20 years of dreaming would build such unrealistic expectations I’d be disappointed. Instead, my expectations are exceeded as I watch mist roll off nearby hills and frothy waves crash upon the black rocks again and again.
Randy Pausch, the man behind the now famous Carnegie Mellon Last Lecture, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams,” was right. Dreams are good. Fulfilling them is even better.
I am crying with an almost inexplicable joy. Am I even worthy to be here, Lord? Am I even worthy to stand in your glory?
I am not. But that is the beauty of grace. We get what we do not deserve.

1 comment:

tellmemore said...

awesome pics hannah banana!