4.08.2011

Lent: Day Twenty-Six

Sometimes when I think about God loving the world so much that He gave His only Son to die for us so we, too, could become His children, I get this great mental image of God pulling out His wallet to show us off.

He opens it up and starts flipping through His collection of photos.

"Here is Jesus, my Son with whom I am well pleased," he begins. "Here is Noah building the ark, Ruth gleaning in the fields, David with his shepherd's staff. This one of an empty field is Elijah; he disappeared before I could snap the photo! Here's Esther, her beautiful spirit shining bright. Oh, and here's Peter and Andrew with their fishing gear; they were a hoot. This is Mary after she washed my feet with her hair."

He sits down on the nearest chair.

"I've got a few billion more, so you may want to take a seat," he says as he flips through the pages worn with thousands of years of use. "Hudson Taylor, C.S. Lewis, Martin Luther King Jr., Elisabeth Elliot...aren't my kids great?"

I could go on and on. The point is, God LOVES His children, and I believe He is using Living Water International to add many, many more photos to that wallet of His. When we pray and fast and give to help give clean water to people around the world, we are also giving them the chance to become God's kids. That's definitely worth 40 days without coffee.

P.S. My family recently added a few photos to our own wallets! And I'm going to use this post to share them with you. (Cause, well, I've got to. I'm one proud Auntie, and I can't wait to share these!)

My niece, Maria Alana Wiest, was born at 4:07 a.m. April 3! 6 pounds 1 ounce, 19 inches long. A month early but healthy. Andy and Marianne are thrilled to be new parents, and they're doing a fantastic job already.

Andy, Maria, and Marianne. Love those matching outfits!

She's thinking deep thoughts already. Photo by Izzi Ray.

As Marianne says, you can die happy after seeing this! Photo by Marianne.

Andy's a daddy! Photo by Izzi Ray.

The Wiest clan. I can't wait to meet little Maria!

No comments: