1.04.2011

Around town

So, the other day it was pretty cold out. Like 1 degree. And on that day I got a hankering to go shoot some photos. What can I say? Inspiration strikes at odd times. I put on about five layers of various warm shirts and coats, topped my head with a hat, wrapped my neck with a scarf, grabbed the camera and took a walk around town.


 This little guy showed up on my porch one day. I liked his hat so I said he could stay.
 A fine newspaper, indeed.
 I worked here. And ate here. A lot.

 Main Street.
 My favorite peeping tom.
 You want old-school charm? Go to Norm's News.
 The Liberty Theater. My church meets here.

 Ice, ice baby.
 Kalispell is a bit nazi-ish about its parking. These little old dudes run around in three-wheeled go-carts snapping parking tickets beneath the windshield wipers of any car parked one second over its time limit. Seriously. I have first-hand experience.
 The Strand Theater. My church also meets here.
 My favorite building in town. Too bad that awesome space is wasted on the business of dry cleaning. Ah well, what can you do?
 Change that word cleaners to coffee and you'd have one rockin' coffee shop.

 Flathead County Library. Yeah, I worked in that awesome building.
 The van I bombed around town in as a delivery driver for Ceres Bakery.
 Water coming out of pipe: "It's cold. I give up."
My favorite coffee shop in town, located about a block away from my apartment. They have unlimited coffee for one dollar. Bliss.

No comments: