8.26.2009

Serious Food...Silly Prices



Three weeks have passed since my lament about the lack of supermarkets in suburbs. I have since found a Wal-Mart, a Safeway, a couple King Soopers, an Albertson's, and a few Super Targets. I will not starve in the big city.

In fact, as I discovered today, my food intake will thrive here -- courtesy of Sunflower Farmer's Market. I found this gem of a grocer on my way home from work today. It is small and full of organic goodness that is quite reasonably priced. (I bought a can of coffee -- that required a can opener to open! -- for $2.50 today.)

Anyway, I was so happy, I pulled out my cell phone and snapped a few photos of the bulk aisle and my basket full of pita and hummus and yogurt. Really, you can't beat a supermarket with the slogan: Serious Food...Silly Prices.

No comments: