8.23.2009

Milk heaven


If you will allow me to be an uber-dork for a moment, I'd like to share one of the highlights of my week. I mean, yes, work was great, and yes, I cycled Boulder, and yes, I caught a Rockies baseball game and Mercy Me concert this afternoon -- and I shall write about each of those in their turn -- but this event demands immediate spotlight attention.

Okay, let's just cut to the chase. I can't stand this tension. Drum roll, please...

This glorious morning, I had Royal Crest milk. What? You haven't heard of it?

Well, neither had I until I moved in with the Mattsons. But, after today's exquisite cereal experience, I now know what I've been missing in my nearly three decades of milk consumption.

This milk is hormone free. It is produced here in Colorado. And, get this, it is bottled fresh and delivered to the Mattson's doorstep in reusable containers.

It is milk heaven. I want to chug it from the bottle. I want to visit the dairy farm and see it in the making with my own eyes. I want to eat Oreo cookies every day just so I can get some more.

Alas, that would be greedy. And fattening. Nevertheless, I am grateful to the Mattsons for sharing their blessed dairy bounty.

Now, where are those Oreos?

1 comment:

Staci said...

Hi Hannah!

We used to have Royal Crest delivered when we ran our coffee kiosks. Scrumptious! If you like eggnog, make sure to try theirs around Christmas.

What a sad day when we discovered that Benjamin can't have dairy! :(

Where are you working in Denver, by the way???