8.05.2009

Road Tires

Me and my new road tires. Bring on the urban cycling!

Here are my road tires on their virgin trek in Denver. I stopped on this little hill to capture the moment.

*****
In preparation for becoming an urban cyclist in Denver, I bought some road tires for my mountain bike. When they landed on my front porch courtesy of UPS, I could barely contain my excitement. I tore into the box and pulled the thin (1.5-inch), slick beauties from the wrapping. Visions of cruising toward the Rockies, leaning hard into corners and leaving Mr. Cool Guy with Shades in my rubber dust, filled my mind.

Today, dear folks, I did just that.

After work, I traded my skirt for some shorts and donned my helmet. And then I rode. And rode. And rode. I have no idea how far I went. That's the allure of new paths and new places. The tires purred. I fist pumped and whooped and hollered.

It was grand, and I can't wait to do it again...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Hannah!
Good to see you're being a true Denver-ite on your bike! Wish I could join you for a spin around town... maybe I'll be in good enough condition before you leave! P.S. - Denver has some GREAT coffee shops. Let me know if you ever want to come up for some coffee, conversation, reading, whatever.
Later. -Ali

The Bosnian Kat said...

Yeah, so... You are so living what I would call my second dream (the first is living overseas): living in Colorado and playing outside all the time! I'm a little jealous, I'm not gonna lie. Enjoy it!