6.30.2009

El Salvador: A glance through the window


It's been a little over a week since my return from El Salvador, and I still find myself lost in memories of the land and its people. I feel like a part of my soul remains there, pulling for Rafael, Maria, Jessica, Dani, Zeta, Diana, Carlos, Norma, Nelson, Enrique, Stanley, Malida, Jorge 1, 2 and 3, and the list goes on. Perhaps that is the beauty of short term missions trips: you leave part of yourself in far-flung places -- and parts of those places remain with you -- making your worldview larger and your prayers more fervent.

Thank you, all, for your prayers for me, Barb, Sarah and Dave -- and the rest of our team. I know God was working in El Salvador that week as a result of your joining us in prayer. The short, victorious story is this: We hit water our first day on our first well. Praise the Lord! But, as is always the case with traveling and loving on people, the story is much more complicated. I've written a few stories for Living Water International to use online and in its newsletters. I'll share those here. Otherwise, I'm going to let my photos do most the talking. The Salvadorans are a beautiful people, and I hope you enjoy getting to know them with this glance through the window of my writing.

No comments: