6.27.2011

John Steinbeck style

After much consideration, I've decided to go old school.

To keep my load light and to avoid spending hours each day uploading photos, editing them, and composing wildly entertaining blogs, I am leaving my computer at home.

Don't get me wrong; I love blogging. I imagine I will go through some minor withdrawals. But I decided that on this journey I would prefer to take my pen and my journal and spend some time observing and listening and writing down rambling thoughts. I used to be an avid diary-filler, doodler, and poet. As my life has sped up and gotten more entangled with technology, I've lost touch with that introspective side of me a bit.

I want it back. I really do.

And so, dear readers, I will miss you. But I promise to fill these cyberspace pages when I return. Also, my travel partner has offered me use of his computer now and again, so I may check in every once in a while.

But mostly, I'm going to be out chronicling our journey old school style. John Steinbeck style. Jack Kerouac style. Mark Twain style. You get the point.

Say a prayer for me as I bid you adieu! And I'll say a prayer for you, too.

(I'm a poet and didn't know it...)

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I'm so excited to hear about all of your stories! Praying for you in wisdom and safety.

Love you!