6.19.2011

Happy Dad's Day!

Dear Dad,
For working so hard to make sure our family always had food on the table, clothes on our back, and shelter over our head, I thank you.
For all the Saturday morning breakfasts, I thank you.
For reading to me and Andy when we were children, I thank you. By sharing your love of good words and good stories, I think Andy and I have both learned to speak carefully and make sure we are living stories worth telling.
For your encouraging letters and emails, I thank you. I re-read them often.
For not being too overprotective, I thank you. I am glad you trusted me enough and God enough to let me pursue adventures and take risks.
For gearing up to go backpacking this summer, I thank you. I am looking forward to trekking through God's mountains with you!
For all the places you've driven us, I thank you. I know there have been some long hours behind the wheel.
For welcoming me back home, I thank you. It is good to feel protected.
For noticing my new hat last night, I thank you. I think every girl wants her Dad to think she's pretty. You've always been good about noticing my outfits and telling me I look nice.
For loving Mom, I thank you.
For loving me, I thank you.
For teaching me about God, I thank you. And for loving God, I thank you even more.
Love you for always,
Hannah
 


 Dad helping me out with some backcountry Census Bureau work.
 Dad and Dodger.
 Mom and Dad at Snooze in Denver. Must say this was one of the best Saturday morning breakfasts ever!
 Me and Dad kayaking on Flathead Lake.
 Me and Dad at Burgess Junction in the Big Horn Mountains on Memorial Day 2011.
 Dad, son, and granddaughter.
 Blessed to be a Grandpa!
 Dad and Maria.
 We love you, Dad!

No comments: