5.15.2011

Cooking for loved ones

These photos are a bit late, but I wanted to post them anyway because, well, it was a great day and I love this family.

Our pastor's family came over for Easter dinner. They are just about the coolest people. I love their honesty and straighforwardness. Their kids, all four of 'em, are sharp and fun and kind and humble.

My mom and I decided to go big for this meal...just for kicks. We made a crown roast, which is essentially a rack of ribs rolled into a crown. We stuffed it with apricot stuffing. We made apricot candied carrots and a fancy-schmancy salad. For dessert, I made Oreo cookie salad and a frozen dark chocolate mocha mouse cake.

It was a meal I was proud of, but more than that, it was a chance to go crazy in the kitchen out of love for another. Is there anything better or more fun than cooking for those you love? It is such a joy.

I was too busy hustling and bustling about the kitchen to snap many photos, but here are a few...just for kicks.

 My folks and I broke our water fast for Living Water International with a delicious French press on Easter morning.

 Putting the crown roast in the oven. Yummm...
 My mom and dad, Monica, Hannah, Michael, Maggie, Josiah and Pastor Ron. What a great meal with some great folks!

4 comments:

J Stu said...

yom! wish i could've been there for the whole thing from coffee to finish. wiest banquets never a let down. glad to see you all have settled in a good church.

Hannah said...

Thanks, J Stu! It was a great day...and would have been even better with you around!

Joanna said...

I recognize that mug! I also like to go crazy in the kitchen for those I love. I've heard that food is a love language...

Hannah said...

I think food could (should?) be a love language :). Mugs are also a love language...especially if they contain coffee.