8.12.2010

Studio C

There are rumors of faithful readers wanting a report on my living quarters. As a journalist, I am happy to oblige a good story tip. And, as a generally good natured gal, I am also happy to please. So, without much further ado, I open my door and say, "Welcome to Studio C!" 

My porch, complete with bike, flowers and tomato plant. I live one block off main street, so biking and walking are my main modes of transportation. I work at a bakery one block away and at the library, which is a whole three blocks away. This is shaping up to be the simple, downtown life I've always wanted.

When you open the door, there are a few more stairs and my handy, dandy, deceptively roomy entry closet.

The lighting in this photo made me laugh. It makes that chair look really special. And I suppose, since that is where guests usually sit, it really is. I like guests. Come visit me!

Where I dream good dreams. And sometimes some bad ones, too.

I love having a desk in front of a window that looks downtown. The photos on the right have a travel theme, and the photos on the left are of various adventures, so it's an exciting place to sit. Maybe someday I will be able to say my best novels were written here at my little Salvation Army desk in my little studio apartment.

Spin left from the desk view and you will see the rest of my living room and into my kitchen.

Tall guests beware of that sloping ceiling...

The photos in the kitchen are of various food adventures, ranging from my first margerita to philly cheesesteaks in Philly to hearty El Salvadoran fare. And Snooze pancake goodness. And pizza at the Beartree. And Bob and Larry cookies. And... Have I ever told you I once wanted to be a food photographer?

Studio C cooking station.

Bathroom | Kitchen. These are both to your left as you come up the entry stairs, just to give you some perspective.

Little blue bathroom.

So there you go. The five-second tour of Studio C. It's tiny, but I love it. 

Why Studio C? you ask. Good question. The C actually has several meanings. I want Christ to be the head of my little abode. I want it to be a place of Creativity. I want to Cook good meals there. I want people to Come and feel welcome. I plan on drinking a lot of Coffee...   

2 comments:

Allie, Dearest said...

Hannah, I don't even know how I found you now--I think while I was looking at buying a bike for fall I stumbled upon a friend of yours who is biking through all the states. I'm so glad I did somehow, stumble on to your site, because your writing has delighted me.

Thank you-Allie

Hannah said...

Thank you, Allie! I'm glad to have you along on this blogging journey!

You must have found Josh Cunningham's blog about biking through the states. He is a great, great guy who could probably recommend a good bike, too!

Anyway, thanks for following and I hope you found a good set of wheels. Take care.