8.07.2010

It's only natural

As I now live about one hour from one of our nation's most grandeuristic (don't think that's really a word, but it's what I want to say) national parks, it's only natural that I should recreate in it as often as possible, right?

And lucky for me, I've had some friends visit lately who totally concur with this need for adventure.

So, without much further ado, I share some snapshots from my rompings in Glacier National Park. The times have exhilarated, refreshed, induced soreness, awed, and, as so often happens in God's great outdoors, humbled. I am a lucky, lucky girl getting to live here. For that matter, I am a lucky, lucky girl for getting to live at all. May I never, ever forget that. 

Reynolds Mountain as seen from the top of the Going-to-the-Sun Road. This peak is a true horn, carved on three sides by glacier ice.

Lindsey and I crossing snow fields on our way up Reynolds Mountain.

Summit view.

Tim and Lindsey and I on top of Reynolds Mountain. We couldn't have asked for better weather!

Lins and I on the summit.

Going down offered nice views of Hidden Lake.

It's better to not slip on this hike.

My friend Jeremy stopped by on his 50-state, 10-province super tour. We camped at Hungry Horse Reservoir before heading into Glacier to see what we could see.

We did the 12-mile Highline to The Loop trail.

We passed a lot of goats.

And saw a lot of wildflowers.

And cool white trees.

Just to circle back here...this is the view of Reynolds Mountain from the Highline Trail. Nice.

No comments: