4.01.2010

Lent: Day Thirty-Eight

If I believed all the messages
that I hear,
that I see,
that flash at me
in newspapers, magazines, and online,
I would not leave my house.

For I am not pretty enough,
or thin enough,
or shabby-chic enough.

My eyebrows need to be waxed.
My size 6,8,10 waist
(depending on the jeans)
is really too big.
My teeth should be whiter.

Have I considered implants?
Is that a wrinkle?
Does my boyfriend match up to these guys?

Wait, you don't have a boyfriend?!

Scramble, flash, switch those digital ads.
It's an emergency!
Single men here, single men there,
get one tonight, make your life complete.

STOP

John 1:12. I am God's child. 
I am complete in Christ. Colossians 2:10.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20. I am God's temple.
Romans 8:31-34. I am free from condemnation.
I can stand firm in Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:21-22.
Ephesians 2:10. I am God's workmanship.

I am God's workmanship.
I am God's.
I am...
me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely. Thanks for sharing!