11.21.2009

A day at the zoo

A few weeks ago, my folks came to Denver for a visit. We had a great time together, and I was once again reminded of the sweetness of parents becoming friends and confidants, while still filling the roles of Mom and Dad. It's pretty amazing. I think I have the greatest parents in the world and am glad for every moment I get to spend with them.

Here's Dad and Mom Wiest at Snooze, a superb breakfast joint in downtown Denver.

It was free day at the Denver Zoo, so we went and enjoyed seeing all the animals. I also did some, ahem, research for my novel. Maybe my next novel should be about Italy...

In this photo, the zookeepers are cleaning one of the elephant's feet because elephants are quite susceptible to foot infection. Who knew?


When my novel -- which takes place in a zoo and has several elephant scenes -- gets published, maybe this could be the author photo.

1 comment:

The Bosnian Kat said...

I say go for the book. I'd buy it!