11.09.2009

Confession

Confession: I fell into a classic ministry trap this last week. I became too busy doing God's work to spend time being with God and watching Him work.

It's easy to do. Ask any pastor, camp counselor, missionary, or church secretary. And it's hard to remedy -- or at least to realize you need a remedy before frustrations and screw-ups litter the path behind you.

So, to those I've wronged this week -- by snapping impatiently, or worse, slandering under my breath -- I am sorry.

To those I've called on for help and encouragement this week -- thank you. Your prayers and uplifting texts and phone calls have ushered me into the place I most needed to be: God's arms.

To God: Thanks for the lovely walk this evening. I need you desperately. Operation Christmas Child is swinging into high gear right now, and I and all my co-workers need to be on our knees before we even attempt to walk, or talk, in the realm of ministry.

Now, fill those shoe boxes folks! We're ready for 'em!

For more information on Operation Christmas Child, visit www.samaritanspurse.org.

No comments: