10.19.2009

New every morning


It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
--Lamentations 3:22-23

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

I woke up to this sunrise the other morning.
I threw the covers back, slid into my flip-flops, grabbed my camera and ran outside.
There, with the dewy grass chilling my toes, I felt for just a moment the full joy of God's mercies being new every morning. In that moment, I drank the wild air. In that moment, I felt fully alive with God's life in me.
It was so sweet. Momentary -- with the day's tasks and struggles at hand -- but sweet. And to think God's glory will shine far brighter for all eternity in heaven!

2 comments:

J Stu said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow...every sunset/sunrise picture I take never really shows the color. This one is absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing God's