5.19.2009

All in the line of duty...






When I first started working as a crew leader with the U.S. Census Bureau, I suspected I'd be talking on the phone and crunching numbers most the day. And I have done plenty of those things. What I didn't know, however, was that I'd be "forced" to drive into the wilds of Wyoming...in the line of duty. All peeps, no matter how remotely located, have to be accounted for, right?
Recently, my Dad and I took the Jeep for a spin to find those reclusive sorts in our state. The roads started out innocently enough...gravel, dirt, rutted two-tracks. We pushed on...all in the line of duty, of course.
The roads became lakes. But we pushed on...all in the line of duty.
The lakes became muddy rivers. But we revved up and plowed through, pushing on in the line of duty.
The rivers became...well, crystalized. Snowy. Glaring white. Dare I say it?
Impassable.
We pushed...the camera's shutter button, capturing mountain, sky, father, daughter, unexpected bliss.
Look what adventures we had today...all in the line of duty, of course.

No comments: