12.13.2010

Bakery babes


There's buns. And there's an oven. But none of my fine co-workers currently have buns in their oven. 

That really made no sense.

What I meant to say was: Ceres Bakery serves up incredible pastries, breads, and coffee drinks. I've enjoyed being part of such a great group of folks. I will miss the smell of warm bread and hot sweet potato buns coming out of the oven. I will miss listening to NPR at 6 a.m. I will miss all the conversations--both silly and serious--with Erin, Hannah, Liv, Heather, Melissa, Megan, Bente, and Sarah.

I will most definitely miss free coffee and day-old pastries.

But, it's time to move on. From this job, and quite possibly, from this town. I'm not sure about the timing on that last statement, but I know it's coming. I'm feeling the nudge to go. And that is never a nudge I grudge.

Smudge.

Fudge.

Judge.

Pudg--y. Always a danger when you work at a bakery. (And the truth behind my leaving comes out...)

No comments: